It’s almost 2014 and
- you can be fired for being homosexual in 29 states.
- you can be fired for being trans* in 34 states.
- in 26 states, same-sex couples* are not allowed to legally adopt a single child.
- only 21 states provide anti-discrimination laws for LGBT people.
- only 32 states recognize hate crimes against homosexuals.
- only 18 states recognize hate crimes against trans*/gender-identity.
- only 57% of the United States supports LGBT rights.
"You don’t have to be gay to support equal rights" - Demitri Levanti
"Gay rights are Human Rights" - Macklemore
"I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights." - Dr Suess
In 2014, I promise to use my voice to support equality like never before. It’s time we end this discrimination.
(via rebellioushive)Source: im-glad-im-gay